Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mmmmm Fall!

Today I made a wonderful baked oatmeal for breadfast.  I know that the Amish recipe is a little heavier than what I made but I altered the recipe to make it a little more healthy, less fattening and still delicious!  It takes all of 6 minutes to prepare and 40 minutes to bake.  I keep my blueberries and cranberries in the freezer and that makes them easier to chop up and throw into things like this great breakfast.

3 cups old fashioned oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 TBS ground Flax seed or Salba
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
2 Eggs (Optional)
1 Cup Milk (Soy, 2% or Whole)
1/4 Cup warm water
1/4 Cup unsalted Butter
1/3 Cup Honey
1 Cup chopped Apple, Cranberry, Blueberry

Mix all together really well and pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake @ 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until center in firmed up.  Refrigerates well, too.  Hope you try it!

No comments: