Friday, January 18, 2008

Catfish with Whiskers and Warm Woolen Mittens

Okay, so I said how mild it's been and now we're going to pay for it!! Temps are going from a balmy 42 degrees and plumetting to a nasty 6 degrees with a -10 wind chill. I spent my work day reviewing new and exciting plant material and selecting some items for an upcoming, invitation only Collectors Night where I will be debuting the new collectable perrenials, shrubs and trees for the savvy collector to have first pick. It will be the first time we've tried something like this so I'll be interested to see how it goes. I have some wonderful house guests this evening and after filling our bellies with Spaghetti and White cake with Coconut Icing, we watched Barnyard and Ratatouille (animated kids movies for those of you who are not familiar!) My beloved friend Kelly and her two youngest came out to spend the evening and have some adult converstaion and for me, a trip back to some form of childhood. So the kids and mom turned in a little early, due to exhaustion, and here I sit to share with you.

Night before last, I made a wonderful catfish fillet topped with a lightly grated carrot, Thyme, a dash of sea salt, diced radish, and fresh chopped green onion, then baked it with just the slightest bit of olive oil. I accompanied it with a wonderful side of sauteed organic mushroom caps and red onion and a crispy spring greens mix. So did you know that mushrooms are the only fruit or vegetable source of measurable Vitamin D? I did not and so I have made a conscious effort to eat more of them when the days are a bit dreary as well as plenty of other colors.
I had an inspiring chat today with a client who is looking to install a hot tub and surround it with an outdoor room. My creative juices are flowing! Should we use some living walls or make some temporary walls with mirrors to reflect the light and energy around their space. It's a great location and if we screen just on two sides it will leave the rear view, which is unobstructed and beautiful, to be enjoyed by all who sit there. My class schedule is also lining up for the spring and summer season and Monday I'll be going to learn more stuff from the masters in this business and trying to see what kind of wonderful new things are available in our market at the trade show. For those of you who may enjoy cruising through blogs, checkout David Perry Photography and hit his Garden Blog. I hope you enjoy it!
That's all for now. Remember, eat the way you live; In Color!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

i'm always looking for ways to add fish to our diet :) this looks tasty!

i just joined the DB this month too, just checking out everyone else's blogs, wanted to say hello :)