Saturday, July 26, 2008

Filbert Dilbert!


Okay, I know that it has been awhile (2 months) since I have participated in a challenge...hard to find the time to procure and then assemble all the ingredients for these intricate recipes this time of year! Anyhow, withthe July challenge behind me, I am successful in my endeavors this month. Thanks to a rainy day, my 6year old companion and I have made the Filbert Genoise and all the trimmings. We did not use any alcohol in this and I don't eat much nuts anymnore, however....I have test rabbits who gave me a critique of the recipe!


Ethan, 6 didn't care for it too much. Said it was a little too dry and he likes birthday cake batter:)

Barb, (young at heart) Tasted like a holiday cake. Loved how it all blended together and she is awaiting the next experimnent.

Lynn, (young at heart) Said the cake was a little dry to her liking, but the flavors blended extrememly well together.

Naomi, 70 this Sunday, Delicious cake but she wouldn't put that much time into baking it...LOL

Bob, Quite good. Like the blend of the nuts flavors with the chocolate and buttercream. Good textures.


I always do enjoy working with Ethan and doing projects. We played Scrabble at his request while we were waiting for things to cool to do our full assembly. Here are some pics to join the report! I'll see you all next month, if not before!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.