Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Niblets!!





Well, let's see! Here we are the middle of May and I am finally posting about my Cheesecake bites from April. I am including some photos so you can see the crew I worked with on this project! I am most fortunate to have been adopted by some of the local kids and have had the pleasure of sharing some gardening and cooking and fishing and church related activities with them over the pst several weeks and so when I saw this challenge for April I was thrilled to see it might interest them. Please note, that my crew were all boys from age 6 up to 11 (four of them all together) and one age 35. We had a great time learning to separate eggs, wisk, melt chocolate and of course the best part was the taste testing! I was a little disappointed with the cheesecake as it did not set up very well or cut into pretty pieces very well. However, the left over mush made for good finger food rewards for hungry helpers:) So below you see our master pieces! they turned out very well and there was nothing but the crumbs left after the church spaghetti dinner! The kids had fun, learned a bunch of stuff and I had a great time too and learned alot! So you see it benefitted all of us and perhaps the DB's will create future generations of men who have no fear of baking!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if there was nothing but crumbs left, you sure did something right! :) Sounds like fun.