Monday, March 31, 2008

March Madness!!





I would like to start by saying, I'm sorry for having not written in this blog for such a long period of time. I have had work stuff, fun stuff, the stuff that life is made of interferring (how dare it!!). I will say that I have accomplished my first challenge as a Daring Baker and it was a wonderful cake. Pretty, creative, tasty and allowed for individuality. I enjoyed seeing what others did with the cake as well. I served mine for Easter and all enjoyed from Grandkids to Granny!! I'll be making another here shortly with vanilla bean and peaches for a church dinner.






Our greenhouses are busting at the seams with baby plants ready to take off for their annual bazarre and the first load of trees from Oregon came in with blossoms on them and the leaves unfurling! Everyone is really getting anxious and the impending spring can't come fast enough for most of us!






Church has been great lately and we sang a trio acappella version of amazing Grace and it was awesome! The choir had a nice little piece for Easter morning and the men made a wonderful breakfast for that day as well! David came up from Florida for nearly two weeks and we had a really nice visit with each other since we haven't seen each other since last July (which was entirely too long)!


The moss is growing on the rocks, the bulbs are forcing their way out of the moist, rain soaked ground and the birds are growing more energetic by the day! I am looking forward to what this year will hold!

5 comments:

Angel said...

Your cake is so pretty! I love it. I'm glad you are doing lots of fun life things right now. That always is more important then blogs.

Gabi said...

Beautiful cake- welcome to the DBs!
It's great that your life is so full! That's how it should be :)
xoxo
Gabi

Unknown said...

Your cake is just beautiful! The peach one sounds like a great idea, too.

Jacque said...

It looks terrific! Mmmmm, the peaches and vanilla bean sounds delish :) Congrats on your first challenge. This was my first too.

Sara said...

Oooh, that looks beautiful! Yum. :)