Friday, December 3, 2010

Simply Salsa

There are just all kinds of salsa!  Spicy, sweet, sweet and spicy, mango, pepper, corn, tomato
, and on and on.  Anyway, I love a simple salsa with just clean fresh flavor.  So here is my recipe;

SIMPLE SALSA

4 medium tomatoes, vine ripened, seeded and chopped  (we take the seeds out as they are what creates all the "water" when you use tomatoes)
1/2 medium red onion
4 TBS minced FRESH Cilantro
1/8 C. Red Wine Vinegar
1 TBS Olive Oil
Salt to taste

I know you are looking around for the rest of the ingredients, but I told you, it's simple!  Toss all together and eat it up!  You may like to adjust the ingredients according to your particular taste.  We like more cilantro and the fresh snap the vinegar adds to the salsa.  Also, any tomato other than vine ripened and warmed by the sun won't have nearly the same flavor.  So smell your tomatoes before you buy them in the grocery.  If they don't smell like a tomato, don't use them as they have little or no flavor.  We have been blessed with a couple sunny window areas that we can keep herbs in the winter and so I grow cilantro inside all winter as well as Rosemary.  I love fresh herbs and try to keep my favorites inside for ready use!

Hope you enjoy this Salsa! 

No comments: